In this policy, “us” "we", "our" and "Rakon" refers to Rakon Limited and any of our subsidiaries or affiliate companies as applicable.
What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
- Information you submit: When you fill in and submit a contact form on our website(s) or a form to download information, respond to an online survey, enquire about employment opportunities, provide feedback or otherwise actively send us data online and by email, we will usually collect personally identifiable data such as your name, email address, phone number, as well as information about any company or organisation you represent.
- Information we automatically collect: To improve your experience of our website(s), we may collect information automatically using technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts (“Cookies”). This information includes your browser type, device type, operating system and IP address. We also collect information about how you use our websites, such as the date and time of your visit, the areas or pages viewed, the amount of time you spend viewing pages, etc. To learn more about cookies and how we use them, read more here.
- Information we collect from third parties: From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources including partners with which we engage in joint marketing activities, and sources such as social media websites. Rakon may also collect information about you from other available sources, such as public records or bodies.
How will we use your personal information?
Any non-personally identifiable information obtained from Cookies may be shared with our advertising partners in order to better target our advertising.
We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
Rakon collects your personal information so that we may:
- Email you regular technology, product or company updates in accordance with your communication preferences.
- Email you links to investor news in accordance with your communication preferences
- Contact you to offer you the opportunity to subscribe to our emails if we have obtained your details through other marketing activities such as tradeshows, webinars, workshops, or marketing activities we do with our channel or technology partners.
- Respond to your questions and requests for information.
- Contact you on a one-on-one basis about products or services which we believe are relevant to you.
- More accurately target our online advertising.
- Compile internal reporting of website usage.
- Improve your experience of our website.
- Improve our products and business processes.
- Satisfy our legitimate business purposes.
- Meet legal requirements and contact you where necessary in the circumstances.
How do we store and retain your data?
Rakon processes and secures your personal data electronically and physically. We store electronic information on our organisation’s servers and with trusted third party cloud-based service providers.
As a global organisation, personal information we collect may be transferred internationally throughout our organisation.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
If your personal information is transferred to a recipient in a country that does not provide the same level of protection for personal information that the New Zealand, United Kingdom or the European Union privacy laws do, we will take measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected as required by applicable laws.
Rakon would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we believe are relevant to you.
If you have agreed to receive marketing including technology and product updates, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right, at any time, to stop Rakon from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Rakon group
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
Rakon would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to ask Rakon for copies of your personal information.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that Rakon correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Rakon to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that Rakon erase your personal data, where your personal information is not otherwise required to be retained.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that Rakon restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to Rakon processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to personal information portability. You have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have 20 working days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Privacy Officer whose contact details are set out below.
Our websites are intended for adults. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16, and we request that individuals under the age of 16 not submit any personal information on Rakon’s website(s).
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website(s), we collect information from you automatically through Cookies or similar technology.
For further information visit: https://www.allaboutcookies.org
There are a number of different types of Cookies our website(s) uses:
- Functionality. Rakon uses these Cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. This could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first party and third-party cookies may be used.
- Advertising. Our company uses these Cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Rakon may share some of this anonymised data with third parties for advertising purposes. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website(s)
How to manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept Cookies, and the above “allaboutcookies” website tells you how to remove Cookies from your browser. However some of our website features may not function correctly if you do not accept Cookies or remove them.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Call us at: +64 (9) 573 5554
Write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
8 Sylvia Park Road
How to contact the appropriate independent privacy authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the relevant supervisory authorities, some of which are listed below:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10 094,
Phone: +64 (09) 3028680
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113 or +441625 545745 if calling form outside UK
Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Phone: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.22
Each state of the United States will have a separate authority
This Privacy Statement is subject to change without notice.